Wednesday, March 11, 2009

On sky watch 3.11.09

Because the moon's path doesn't go by my window, my moon sightings usually occur when I walk out of my apartment building in the morning or when I'm coming home at night. The sky was pretty cloudy all day, but tonight as I was driving home, I could see a roundish fuzzy light behind the clouds that I knew was the moon because I saw it full yesterday. The thin crescent is my favorite phase of moon, but the full moon is a close second. There's such power in a full moon, even when its light is diffused by clouds. Tonight the moon kept moving in and out of my view, as I turned corners and went up and down hills. Each time I saw it again, it had gained clarity. It was very exciting.

1 comment:

  1. There is something enchanting about the moon and its light. A couple nights after our last snowstorm, I was lured outside by the moonlight shining in a clear sky and reflecting off the snow. I spent at least half an hour wandering around my backyard basking in the beautiful night.

    ReplyDelete